Consumer Research – New Channels
In October 2010, quantitative research was conducted with more than 1,500 digital TV consumers to explore attitudes towards free-to-air television and more specifically the newly introduced free-to-air television channels.
The research found that:
• The new channels are driving higher satisfaction levels with free-to-air television
• The new free-to-air channels are driving additional viewing
• The new free-to-air channels have quickly become part of people’s regular TV viewing
• The increased choice offered by the new free-to-air channels are likely to negatively impact on pay TV’s future growth
• Consumers are much more accepting of the ads they see on free-to-air TV
• Viewers are excited by the prospect of more free-to-air channels in the future.
For a copy of the research findings, please click here